On the Fourth of July, I…
- Went to the gym. On a holiday (miracle!).
- Made a good breakfast. That looked like this:
- Washed dishes and cleaned house.
- Baked a key lime cake.
- Painted my nails a patriotic RED. Wore blue. I guess to complete the holidayish outfit, the white would have to be the whites of my eyes.
- Helped a little niece climb the wrong way up a slide… fifteen times.
- Petted a chicken named “Betsy.”
- Laughed at a niece’s upside-down sunglasses.
- Played soccer with my husband.
- Wore SPF 85+ sunscreen and a sunhat.
- Watched chickens eat leftover chicken from under the picnic tables. Ohmy.
- Laughed with friends at stories of speeding tickets (not mine), games of peekaboo and my husband’s wry wide-eyed humor.
- Discussed politics, the Supreme Court, taxes and American freedoms. And felt very patriotic doing so.
- Did some light reading.
- Blogged about a great wedding.
- And did not watch any fireworks. Hehe. After six hours spent picnicking, we couldn’t fathom the idea of going outside again. Air conditioning was alot more appealing!
Happy (belated) Independence Day!
How was your holiday?